Sustainable Living Stack Exchange is for people passionate about living lives in a sustainable manner - a lifestyle that can be maintained indefinitely without depleting available resources. Whether you are an individual or business looking to make everyday changes, or an industry professional in waste recovery, renewable energy or clean technologies, chances are you're in the right place to ask your question!
With your help, we're working together to build a library of detailed answers to every question on sustainability issues, including but not limited to:
- Carbon footprints and environmental impacts
- Electricity generation and storage
- Product and appliance life-cycles, waste streams and waste minimisation
- Reducing, Reusing, Recycling and alternatives
- Global Warming & Climate Change
- Ecosystems, Hydroponics and Permaculture
- Construction materials and energy-efficient design
- ...and any other questions regarding sustainable practices and designs!
Please look around to see if your question has been asked before. It’s also OK to share knowledge by asking and answering your own question.
If your question is not specifically related to Sustainability, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site:
- Gardening - for general gardening, weeding, planting and landscaping
- Home Improvement - for D.I.Y. jobs on households including utilities or major appliances.
- The Great Outdoors - for exploration of nature and wilderness areas, including required skills and equipment.
- Skeptics - for challenging pseudoscience, biased data or disinformation. Note that a claim must be notable to be accepted on Skeptics.
- Earth Science - for scientific-based questions on climatology, geology, oceanography and other earth science disciplines
- Biology - for biological concepts and mechanisms behind biological processes
- Electrical Engineering - questions about electronics, physical computing, microcontrollers, and embedded systems
- Motor Vehicle Maintennance & Repair - for questions on vehicles, combustion engines and EVs