What are the (easiest) sustainable ways of getting rid of immature (windfallen) apples?
- Is it OK to put them into a compost?
- What part of compost can they make?
- Is it good to crush them before putting them to the compost?
- Are partially or fully rotten apples good for composting too?
- What part of compost can the rotten apples make?
I have already read some suggestions (Apples in compost) and it is probably good to mix them in compost with dry leaves, sawdust, paper etc. The problem is that at this time there is a lot of windfallen apples but almost no leaves.