What is the difference between these two renewable energy air conditioning systems?
A ground-source heat pump is not a form of geothermal energy at all.
- energy source is underground natural nuclear reactions;
- source temperature is over 50°C;
- Energy is extracted with passive heat exchangers.
Ground-source heat pumps:
- energy source is solar radiation;
- source temperature is about the same as annual average air temperature;
- Energy is extracted using active technology, compressing and expanding fluids to lift the temperatures to something useful.