I'm used to burning matches to ignite my incense.
What is the least environmentally damaging way to start a fire ? to use matches or a lighter ? something else ?
Of course a lighter would use natural gas (butane or propane) and consume plastics - I don't know what the firestone is made of. I think plastic lighter could be refillable, but honestly, I have never refilled them, I don't even know how to.
Maybe I could consider something like a zippo, refillable, but it's using gasoil derivated spirits to work.
On the contrary matches use sulfur things, wood, and cardboard for the box. But I remember also hearing that the matter on the side of the box (that fire the matches up) was rather toxic.
Any idea ?